The IC1G Cable Identification Equipment, consists of a transmitter, IC1G-TX, and a receiver, IC1G-RX. Equipment operation is simple: once the transmitter has been connected to an accessible point of the network, the receiver can be used to identify the cable at any location, from the supply point to the MV/LV transformer.
Ariadna Instruments has developed the IC1G, an ultraportable Cable Identifier which is used in LV distribution cables for positive cable identification.
- Positive cable identification without de-energizing the line.
- Works on LV distribution cables up to 250 Vac (50 or 60 HZ networks).
- Two different sensors: Sensor Ring; Identifies cables by placing a sensor ring around the cable (single core cables). “U” sensor; Identifies conductors by touching the cable (single and multi-core cables).
- The identification algorithm works continuously, and positive identification is achieved in seconds.
- Easy to use due to automatic synchronization between transmitter and receiver.