Electric motors are a key component in most industrial applications. They account for about 66% of all the energy used in industrial applications with a lifetime energy cost totaling many times the original motor cost. Motor failures can lead to even higher cost in terms of lost production and efficiency. Industrial companies need effective motor management strategies to minimize overall motor cost. Motor rewinding by a wellequipped service facility reduces capital expenditures on motors while assuring reliable operation. The Phenix Technologies line of small motor test systems are the quality control center of a modern motor rewind and repair facility which insures rebuilt motor efficiency and quality.
PHENIX Technologies offers a complete line of motor test systems for AC, DC, synchronous and traction motors designed to test a wide range of horsepower and voltage classes. Many other applications requiring a continuously variable AC or DC power supply can also be satisfied by one of these units in an appropriate configuration.
- Economical testing capability for the small motor repair division or shop
- All controls and instrumentation contained in a single, industrial grade cabinet
- Safety and protective features for complete load or no-load testing
- Tapped, non-variable AC and armature outputs to start and run AC or DC motors
- Complete instrumentation is provided for precise measurement of electrical characteristics of motors under test (3-phase metering). 4½” analog meters with accuracy +/-2% Full Scale are used for voltage and current. The AC Ammeter is 3½ digit digital meter with accuracy +/-1% Full Scale.
- Variable field supply
- Fused input power protection
- On / Off pushbuttons with indicator
- Flashing red warning lamp
- Thermal overload protection on main transformer
- Manual tap selector switch
- AC/DC output selector switch
- 15’ (4.5 m) output cables with storage hook
- Two copies of operation/maintenance manual